Awards to the U.S.
Fulbright-Wu Jing-Jyi Fellowships
Description and Purpose
This Scholarship is established in honor of Dr. Jing-jyi Wu who has made substantial contributions to the Taiwan Arts and Culture scenes and the Fulbright Program for over 30 years. The Fulbright –Wu Jing-jyi Arts & Culture Fellowships are sponsored by Fulbright Taiwan, and approved by the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) in Washington D.C.
The prerequisite for this fellowship is the acquirement of a Fulbright Grant for that nomination year.
In addition to the original grants received by the grantees, grantees will be designated as “Fulbright-Wu Jing-jyi Arts & Culture Fellowship” grantees, and receive these additional benefits following:
- Spring Banquet Recognition
- Dinner with Dr. Wu Jing-jyi and his guests for networking in the Arts
- Potential gallery show at 3F of Fulbright Taiwan, AIT, or another location
– Small budget to cover expenses based on request (with receipts)
- Professional Travel/Materials fund (with receipts) provided by FSE: NT$10,000 or US$300
In addition to being a Fulbright grantee for the nomination year, candidates’ research or study is related to Arts and Culture.
- To add the title of “Fulbright-Wu Jing-jyi Arts & Culture Fellowship”, candidates can place their request on their application and FSE will submit a nomination list to the Board, or
- By initiation of FSE.
During the spring FSE Board meeting of the nomination academic year, the Board will approve the nomination list suggested by FSE.