Awards to the U.S.
Fulbright-Wu Jing-Jyi Fellowships
Description and Purpose
This Scholarship is established in honor of Dr. Jing-jyi Wu who has made substantial contributions to the Taiwan Arts and Culture scenes and the Fulbright Program for over 30 years. The Fulbright –Wu Jing-jyi Arts & Culture Fellowships are sponsored by Fulbright Taiwan, and approved by the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) in Washington D.C.
All candidates have to be Fulbright Grantees for that nomination year.
In addition to the original grants received by the grantees, grantees will be designated as “Fulbright-Wu Jing-jyi Arts & Culture Fellowship” grantees, and receive these additional benefits following:
- Spring Banquet Recognition
- Dinner with Dr. Wu Jing-jyi and his guests for networking in the Arts
- Possible gallery show in 3F of Fulbright Taiwan, AIT, or another location
– Small budget to cover expenses based on request (with receipts)
- Professional Travel/Materials fund (with receipts) provided by FSE: NT$10,000 or US$300
In addition to being a Fulbright grantee for the nomination year, candidates’ research or study is related to Arts and Culture.
- Candidates can request from FSE that their application have the title of “Fulbright-Wu Jing-jyi Arts & Culture Fellowship” and FSE will submit a nomination list to the Board, or
- By initiation of FSE.
During the spring FSE Board meeting of the nomination academic year, the Board will approve the nomination list suggested by FSE.