The Foundation for Scholarly Exchange (Fulbright Taiwan) had an open application process to invite senior high schools in Taiwan to participate in the 2020-2021 Fulbright English Debate Program. Three hundred and fifty-nine senior high schools around Taiwan were directly notified with an access to the application materials, including application procedures and criteria, an application proposal form, and a questionnaire on debate workshops for local debate teachers. A selection committee within the foundation was then formed and examined all the applications on April 24, 2020. We are pleased to announce that 10 high schools were approved to partake in the program and receive training from the debate coaches. The following is the list of the schools in alphabetical order:
- Kang Chiao International School (Linkuo Campus)
- Kaohsiung Municipal Hsin Chuang Senior High School
- Nanshan High School
- National Hsinchu Girls’ Senior High School
- National Hsinchu Senior High School
- Private Chien Tai Senior High School
- Taichung Municipal Hui-Wen High School
- Taichung Shi Yuan Senior High School
- Taipei Municipal Li Shan High School
- Washington High School
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the Fulbright international grants have been paused until January 2021. Thus, the Fulbright Debate Program will be delayed until the late January if the English debate coaches are required to be in quarantine or take other measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Foundation for Scholarly Exchange (Fulbright Taiwan) will contact and inform all the schools later.
Finally, we appreciate Citibank’s and Cathay Financial Holdings’ support and sponsorship.